Sarah Palin mocks a teleprompter with her own device, the 'telepalmer'

“If you mock the president for using a teleprompter, you may not want to make a public appearance on national television with visible notes jotted on the palm of your hand. Sarah Palin was photographed with several notes written on her hand, while delivering an apparently ill-rehearsed speech.”

If you mock the president for using a teleprompter, you may not want to make a public appearance on national television with visible notes jotted on the palm of your hand.

Sarah Palin was photographed with several notes written on her hand, while delivering an apparently ill-rehearsed speech.

The words energy, tax and lift American spirit were clearly visible.

You’d think that if you managed to become the butt of so many American political jokes, you might want to regain some ground in attempt to be taken more seriously.

Coming from a politician who has been quoted referring to Afghanistan as a neighboring country of America, this is probably not an effective way to demonstrate political validity in front of millions of people across the country.

It was remarked that the notes were most likely for the Q&A session that followed the speech and not the speech itself.

That makes her comments about Obama even more ridiculous.

It makes sense to need reminding of a few things you plan to say during a speech.

However, you should be familiar with your own opinions.

We already know from past events that Sarah Palin has a tendency to freeze up when being interviewed.

For example, the time she was unable to name a Supreme Court decision she disagreed with other than Roe vs. Wade.

It’s a little scary that Palin cannot recall her own fundamental principles without a cheat sheet.

Furthermore, if you are going to publicly antagonize the president, it might be a prudent idea to find a compelling argument.

As a politician with the good of America in mind, a compelling argument may include deluding rhetoric or significant changes in policy.

Using a teleprompter for speeches is not a valid argument.

But perhaps that is what being a maverick is all about.