Our View

“We all know that Facebook affects our study habits. One moment you are beginning your research paper due in two weeks and the next you are taking a quiz to tell you who you were in a past life on the dangerously addictive social networking site. But as college begins to wind down for some of us and the potential of the real world opens up, we may want to reconsider what is on our Facebook pages as well as how often we are on them.”

We all know that Facebook affects our study habits.

One moment you are beginning your research paper due in two weeks and the next you are taking a quiz to tell you who you were in a past life on the dangerously addictive social networking site.

But as college begins to wind down for some of us and the potential of the real world opens up, we may want to reconsider what is on our Facebook pages as well as how often we are on them.

This seems like common sense though. I’m sure that your future employer would love to see a picture of you completely wasted last Saturday with a Natty Light in your passed out hand.

For the sake of your future job prospects, you might want to delete any pictures of you doing anything remotely inappropriate or un-job worthy.

Of course, I’m sure the principal at the school you are applying to wants to know that you are a fan of Children crying and Waking up in your own vomit, but you might want to remove yourself from these groups before you go in for an interview.

But, if you are really a hater of children, racist or an alcoholic, your employer will probably find out regardless of the amount of deleting you do to your social networking accounts.

It would be a pity if you went to a job interview and were 100 percent qualified for the position, but because of certain portions on your Facebook page, you didn’t get the position.

Be smart and erase your bad behavior before your employer sees it. Or even better, don’t post those things online in the first place.

Yes, it is your decision if you want to drink beer, pass out on the sidewalk and make children cry, but remember it is also the employer’s decision to hire you.