A Monster hockey experience

“A loud horn sounds that makes hearing the person next to you nearly impossible. You can even feel the horn vibrating throughout your body. I got to hear this horn sound during regulation of a hockey game. This horn sounded three times during Saturday’s Lake Erie Monsters game.”

A loud horn sounds that makes hearing the person next to you nearly impossible.

You can even feel the horn vibrating throughout your body.

I got to hear this horn sound during regulation of a hockey game.

This horn sounded three times during Saturday’s Lake Erie Monsters game.

Hockey is a sport that generally gets lost in the mix of other, more popular sports.

It is dominated by beer-drinking, beard-growing hard-nosed players that have their jolly by knocking other players into the wall.

The Monsters game was my first hockey game and I must say, I could see glimpses of what hockey fans love to watch.

To the Monsters’ disadvantage, the opposing Abbotsford Heat scored two goals near the end of the game to tie it up.

This disadvantage for the Monsters proved to be an advantage for me.

As many hockey fans will tell you, hockey has one of the best overtime setups in all of sports. There is a five minute four on four period followed by a shootout if necessary.

I was lucky enough to see a shootout during my first ever hockey match.

The Monsters ended up falling short of winning, but the event as a whole was entertaining.

The only downfall that I noticed was the number of young children at the game. I’m sure if you go to an NHL match, there would not be as many children.

The children definitely had an effect on the game since it seemed as though the referees were preventing any fights from breaking out on the ice.

Now I don’t know a lot about hockey, but I do know that there are supposed to be fights.

Other than the lack of fights and grown men in the crowd, the game itself was a good experience.

I can really see the potential for this team, especially if they could ever get into the AHL playoffs.

The Lake Erie Monsters have a lot going for them in Cleveland.

They are in the AHL, which is a lesser league compared to the NHL.

With that being said, the night I attended, 15,000 people packed the Q.

The Q holds 20,562 for basketball so you can imagine the place was pretty full for the hockey game.

In talking with the organization, you can really see the cross of personnel in the Cleveland market at Lake Erie Monsters games.

The Monsters are owned in majority by Dan Gilbert, who also owns the Cavaliers.

One of the public address announcers, Ryan Pritt, can be seen during the summer at Progressive Field as well.

Although the Monsters are not the bestr hockey team, the Cleveland market is still trying its hardest to make it as good of an organization as possible.

That fun definitely rubbed off on me.

I will say my first hockey experience is one that will make me venture out to an NHL game in the near future.