Our View

For many students on this campus, this week is the last week they will ever set foot in a college lecture. They will be graduating to the bigger world where they, hopefully will get paid real money, to do a lot less work. But what exactly does the future hold? All the happy, go lucky stuff about having a job and being able to do what you want has been thrown out the window.

For many students on this campus, this week is the last week they will ever set foot in a college lecture. They will be graduating to the bigger world where they, hopefully will get paid real money, to do a lot less work.

But what exactly does the future hold?

All the happy, go lucky stuff about having a job and being able to do what you want has been thrown out the window.

Now you’ll probably graduate and be in a similar financial scenario that you are in right now.

An article in the Friday Akron Beacon Journal, highlighted the steeper challenges that this generation faces.

With the changing economy and all the debt every college student will be saddled with upon graduation, the future looks quite grim.

How many of you have jobs lined up or will be moving into your parent’s basement?

Yes, for some it may not look very good and the proposition of living in a basement until who knows when sounds equally nice.

Regardless of how the future looks to you right now, don’t let the outlook ruin the final picture.

With Obama’s passage of a health care bill, which doesn’t take effect until September, one is now able to stay on their parents health insurance longer than before and that should help you when you graduate.

You may be unemployed and without a place to live when you graduate, but look at it this way-you could work on your painting or learn how to cook things without burning them.

The future could realistically hold nothing for you or it could hold amazing things. Don’t let the grim future that the current economy holds have a hold on you no matter how cold or hungry you may be in a few months.