The Buchtelite is hiring for next year

The Buchtelite, UA’s student paper, is in the process of accepting applications for all editorial staff positions for next year. The positions are paid and require that students have a minimum of a 3.0 GPA at time of application, are available Mondays and Wednesdays from late afternoon till evening both Fall 2011 and Spring 2012 semesters and are capable of taking initiative, communicating openly and both accepting and giving constructive criticism. Furthermore, an interest and awareness of campus happenings are required along with the ability to work well with others.  For all positions, aside from copy, some knowledge of InDesign is strongly recommended and may be required as well.

All applicants must submit an official Buchtelite application, resume, writing sample (or in the case of page and web designers a portfolio which will be viewed at time of interview, if granted), and at least one recommendation letter.

You may email completed applications to the below address, drop them off in the Buchtelite office Monday-Friday from 10am-12pm or send them by campus or U.S. mail to the below address. Applications are due by March 11, 2011.

**For more detailed information about specific positions, or if you are interested in applying, contact Meredith Clark, editor-in-chief, at [email protected].