Fleming's Fury

“I am a corporate pawn. There, I said it. I am a slave to big businesses and their manifestos. I don’t want to be like this, and I’m sure none of you do, but the truth is we can’t avoid it. For the most part, everything we do is controlled by a conglomerate who thinks they know what is best for everyone and in general doesn’t really care about anyone.”

I am a corporate pawn.

There, I said it. I am a slave to big businesses and their manifestos.

I don’t want to be like this, and I’m sure none of you do, but the truth is we can’t avoid it.

For the most part, everything we do is controlled by a conglomerate who thinks they know what is best for everyone and in general doesn’t really care about anyone.

For example, yesterday I went to Best Buy to pick up a game I pre-ordered. Now according to some jobber employee, If you don’t pick up your game the day it comes out, it will be sold to the public and your pre-order status no longer counts.

So I abided by their lame rules and tried to pick it up, but it seemed that the game shipment hadn’t arrived and the employees had no idea when it would come in.

My day was shot. I had to keep calling them to find out when the shipment would come in so I could rush over and get it.

Who cares if I had other stuff to do. Best Buy, it seems, owns the rights to my time and probably my soul (if you believe in that sort of thing).

There is an even better example of being controlled by a big business that couldn’t care less about you.

Time Warner.

Admit it, you just thought to yourself oh I hate them, with all the waiting and not returning my calls.

I’m saving Time Warner for my final fury of the semester, where I will unleash hell.

Freaking lame companies and their not caring about me or anyone.

You’ll get what is coming to you. You’ll see … jackasses.