Denzel kills in 'Gangster'

“A lot of hype has been given to the new mobster movie American Gangster, and it surpasses all of it. American Gangster is the next great gangster movie, on the same level as Scarface and Goodfellas. Denzel Washington gives a dynamic performance which is nothing short of one of his best and Russell Crowe delivers an outstanding performance as well.”

A lot of hype has been given to the new mobster movie American Gangster, and it surpasses all of it. American Gangster is the next great gangster movie, on the same level as Scarface and Goodfellas.

Denzel Washington gives a dynamic performance which is nothing short of one of his best and Russell Crowe delivers an outstanding performance as well. American Gangster is based on the true story of Frank Lucas.

Set in late 1970s Harlem, Frank Lucas (Washington) is the driver for his mob boss, who teaches him the tricks of the trade. When his mentor dies suddenly, Harlem’s crime world is sent into disarray.

Lucas takes what he’s learned and builds his own criminal empire, using the methods and ideologies of the Italian mobs to set up his own, acknowledging that order is the most important factor.

While watching the news, Lucas discovers how he can become ruler of New York – drug smuggling. He starts smuggling pure heroin out of Vietnam, heroin that is better and cheaper than the competition’s.

Lucas gives this new and improved heroin the brand name Blue Magic, thus making it recognizable to all who buy it. He quickly becomes the kingpin of the heroin in Harlem and all of New York.

Meanwhile, Detective Richie Roberts (Russell Crowe), who is going through a custody battle with his ex-wife, is trying to pass the bar exam. Roberts, who is one of the few honest cops in New Jersey, starts to investigate a crooked New York cop.

His investigation leads him to the corrupt law enforcement system and drug underworld of New York. While digging deeper and deeper into the corruption, Roberts soon finds that most of the problems are linked to the drug trade.

With this new and stronger heroin on the streets, Roberts desperately tries to find out who is behind it, where it’s coming from and how it is getting into the United States. Eventually, Roberts’ investigation leads him to the unknown kingpin Frank Lucas.

This movie is a nail-biting thriller that leaves audiences on the edge of their seats. Every minute of the two and one half hour movie leaves viewers spell bound as they watch these two power players collided.

American Gangster hits theaters Friday.

” #1.1361569:760706210.jpg:Picture 2.jpg:Denzel Washington stars as Frank Lucas in American Gangster which hits theaters Friday.:MCT”