Our editors pick top 10 'Seinfeld' characters

“The Seinfeld box set will be released Tuesday. The 32-disc collection includes every Seinfeld episode from nine seasons – all 142 of them – and The Official Coffee Table Book. At last glance, the set was available on Amazon for $205.99. This release should be the last hurrah for Seinfeld and the gang.”

The Seinfeld box set will be released Tuesday. The 32-disc collection includes every Seinfeld episode from nine seasons – all 142 of them – and The Official Coffee Table Book. At last glance, the set was available on Amazon for $205.99.

This release should be the last hurrah for Seinfeld and the gang. With that in mind, we have compiled a list of our favorite characters from the series.

When you peel the cellophane off that hulking box set, look for the episodes that feature the following characters for a special treat.

10. Morty Seinfeld
Jerry’s father, and creator of the Executive, Morty classically frets about losing his wallet at the doctor’s office, and is impeached from his presidency at Del Boca Vista.

9. J. Peterman
The creator of the J. Peterman catalog and author of his autobiography, incidentally filled with Kramer stories

8. Uncle Leo
Jerry’s off-kilter uncle who shoplifts books, swindles Jerry’s mother out of $50 and constantly brags about his son Jeffrey.

7. Mickey
Kramer’s pint-sized, anti-commie, aspiring child actor stand-in, side kick.

6. Newman
The portly U.S. postal worker lived upstairs from Jerry who was his series-long nemesis.

5. Darren
An intern for Kramerica Industries, Darren attempted to solve the world’s oil spill problem by using rubber bladders in oil tankers while working out of an apartment that may or may not contain a chicken.

4. The Soup Nazi
No soup for you!

3. Jackie Chiles
Kramer’s fast-talking lawyer who had numerous chances to cash in on the cigarette companies and the coffee chains but only walked away with a lifetime supply of café lattes.

2. Frank Costanza
There’s no single moment that defines the genius that is Frank Costanza. Frank never falls flat. Who couldn’t love the guy who wears a bro, collects TV Guides and creates Festivus, a holiday for the rest of us? And let’s not forget Frank challenging Elaine, asking, You want a piece of me?

1. David Putty
Putty is mellow but rich in character. Who can forget Elaine’s on-again, off-again boyfriend face-painting for the Devils-Rangers hockey game, pre-setting his car radio stations to Christian music stations, stealing Jerry and George’s moves or hard-nosing Jerry in a deal for his new Saab?

Honorable Mentions:

? Bookman

? Crazy Joe DiVola

? Jack Klompus

? Alton Benes

” #1.1361545:2591588425.jpg:20071106_seinfeld.jpg:Cosmo Kramer (Michael Richards), Elaine Benes (Julia Louis-Dreyfus), George Costanza (Jason Alexander) and Jerry Seinfeld.:MCT”