Who is the best old-school wrestler?

“In the late 1980s and early 1990s, no wrestler personified creepiness more than Jake the Snake Roberts, who came to the ring carrying a giant boa constrictor. Being a weirdo is why Roberts is transcendent. Say what you want about old school pro wrestling – and there’s plenty to say – but Roberts’ character was great.”

In the late 1980s and early 1990s, no wrestler personified creepiness more than Jake the Snake Roberts, who came to the ring carrying a giant boa constrictor.

Being a weirdo is why Roberts is transcendent. Say what you want about old school pro wrestling – and there’s plenty to say – but Roberts’ character was great.

He’s really like the wood-sided station wagon of professional wrestling. Although disgusting and ugly, with his face-encompassing mustache, he repeatedly got the job done.

You can’t forget such memorable moments like the time he locked the Ultimate Warrior in a coffin or was blinded by the Model Rick Martel’s cologne spray.

The greatness of Jake the Snake Roberts didn’t end in the early 1990s, like you probably think or hope.

Reportedly, during a recent match, the Snake’s false teeth flew out of his mouth after he was hit with a forearm.

After the match, Roberts told the fans to make sure they brush their teeth so the same doesn’t happen to them.

So remember, brush your teeth to avoid the same fate as Jake the Snake Roberts.

See that? He’s practically a public service announcement.