Should Don Imus have kept his job?

“I support the removal of Don Imus from the airwaves, for whatever reason. But that’s because I think he is a no-talent turd. However, if you’re saying Don Imus was fired for saying nappy-headed hos, then he should not have been fired. But that’s not really why he was.”

I support the removal of Don Imus from the airwaves, for whatever reason.

But that’s because I think he is a no-talent turd.

However, if you’re saying Don Imus was fired for saying nappy-headed hos, then he should not have been fired.

But that’s not really why he was.

He was mainly fired because companies like Staples and Proctor & Gamble yanked their advertising dollars from his show.

And advertisers backed off because figures like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson demanded that he be fired and vowed to lead protests until it happened.

People consider me somewhat liberal. That might be because I believe in things like the U.S. Constitution and freedom.

So while Imus’ remark was offensive, there’s such a thing as free speech. To put things in perspective, his comment was not the equivalent of yelling fire in a crowded theater.

For that reason, it would be pretty silly if CBS fired Imus for degrading the Rutgers’s women’s basketball team.

If he was fired because corporate advertisers were no longer supporting his talk show, then that’s good sense.

However, the reason behind the removal was far more sinister. Sharpton and Jackson simply made it too much trouble to fight the battle.

That’s just wrong. After all, Sharpton and Jackson have never really paid this kind of price for their misdeeds.

When Jackson referred to Jews as hymies and Sharpton led protests in support of Tawana Brawley, they were both wrong. They never even apologized.

At least Imus did that.