Bosma's Breakdown

“Beginning May 10, 2008, the NFL Network will show classic games from its archive of more than 12,000, which have never been seen since their live airings. That is probably the best news I’ve heard all week. With one exception. All of the games but one are no older than 2000.”

Beginning May 10, 2008, the NFL Network will show classic games from its archive of more than 12,000, which have never been seen since their live airings.

That is probably the best news I’ve heard all week.

With one exception.

All of the games but one are no older than 2000.

Is it really necessary to see the Cardinals vs. Bears Monday Night game from last year?

The answer is no.

Show me Broadway Joe’s guaranteed victory in Super Bowl III.

Show me the Ice Bowl. The Packers played the Cowboys in 13 degrees below zero and Vince Lombardi chose to go for the game-winning touchdown with 16 seconds left instead of kicking a field goal to tie.

Show me Joe Montana winning one of his four Super Bowls.

Show me Brett Favre win his first Super Bowl in 1996.

There is no reason to watch former coach Dennis Green screaming They are who we thought they were! in his post-game press conference after the Cardinals blew a 20-point lead in the second half.

I don’t want to watch the Cardinals implode, they do that every week.

I want to see the games that made the NFL the great league it is today.

Time is ticking

The National Football League is shortening the amount of time between draft picks and this can only mean one thing.

I may actually do something other than sit in front of my television for six hours in April when the draft rolls around.

The time between draft picks in the first round has been reduced from 15 minutes to 10 and the second round from 10 minutes to seven.

I guess this means the next player to have a Brady Quinn draft day massacre won’t have to wait as long.

That’s good for the player, but personally, I enjoyed watching him squirm in his seat before he was relocated to commissioner Roger Goodell’s personal suite.

It made for good TV and even better luck for the Cleveland Browns, who wanted to draft Quinn but took offensive tackle Joe Thomas of Wisconsin instead.

Speaking of the Browns, I’m hesitant to say the team is on its way to an 8-8 record this year, but the progress they have made since week one is respectable.

The Browns are 3-3 coming out of their bye week, and should actually be 4-2.

Losing to Oakland was the only loss on their schedule that should have been a win.

Unbeatable?

I’m not sure if Tom Brady thinks he is in a contract year, feels disrespected or is really just the best quarterback of our generation.

He has the Patriots at 7-0 and after watching the team’s highlights for 2007, I’m not sure anyone can beat them, including the Indianapolis Colts.

In fact, so long as Randy Moss continues to be happy in New England and Bill Belichick doesn’t lose any of his disgusting cut-off hoodies, they might not lose next year either.

NFL overseas

The Miami Dolphins and New York Giants are playing the first overseas NFL regular season game Sunday in London, England at Wembley Stadium.

I’m sure there are plenty of fans in England, but it’s hard to say if the game will actually be worth watching, but the lengthy flight shouldn’t be an excuse.

It is 4,437 miles from Miami to London and 3,470 miles from New York to London.

If Miami were playing an away game in Seattle, the team would travel 3,362 miles to play the Seahawks.

The Giants would travel 2,908 miles to play the 49ers in San Francisco.

Those are the longest trips either team could make, so what’s another couple hours on a plane?

I would be more worried about crazy soccer fans bringing flares to the game to shoot at the teams’ quarterbacks.

A little flare to the head might help spark the Dolphins, anyway.