UA student stabbed

“University of Akron student Radiance Wright left the hospital Sunday afternoon after spending the weekend healing from wounds sustained in a stabbing Friday night. Wright said she was at a fraternity party when she was asked to leave by members of the house.”

University of Akron student Radiance Wright left the hospital Sunday afternoon after spending the weekend healing from wounds sustained in a stabbing Friday night.

Wright said she was at a fraternity party when she was asked to leave by members of the house. She said she was asked to leave following an argument and the fraternity did not want any trouble.

I went outside on the porch and this white girl came up to me, she said. I didn’t know her and she was talking something and was getting smart and I told her to keep it moving.

She got mad about that, she called me on the street and I started fighting the white girl.

Wright said she did not know her attacker but did know she was a student from UA.

She came up from behind me and she did something to me, she said. I turned around, and she started running the opposite way, so my first reaction was to start chasing her.

Wright said it was then that she must have been stabbed by the other girl.

She said she got up and walked to her car she had driven to get to the party with her roommate. They drove to a friend’s house.

At the friend’s house, Wright said her roommate turned on the light in the car and noticed the wounds.

She said that she turned on the light and saw my neck and the skin was hanging from my neck.

The next thing I know they called 911, Wright said. She (her friend) said I had blood all on the left side of my body.

Wright said an ambulance arrived and rushed her to the hospital where she underwent surgery for multiple cuts on her neck and ear and received stitches for a cut on her elbow.

After undergoing this ordeal, Wright suggests students not fight anyone and that they know those around them and stay aware of their surroundings.