Akron student rocks the roo

“oking day when Akron student Andy Dolson plugged in his guitar at E.J. Thomas Hall. Dolson was the artist booked to perform at the ongoing Rock the Roo free concert series. A good 50 to 100 students and faculty flowed in and out of the concert, receiving free t-shirts, lunch and quality entertainment.”

oking day when Akron student Andy Dolson plugged in his guitar at E.J. Thomas Hall.

Dolson was the artist booked to perform at the ongoing Rock the Roo free concert series. A good 50 to 100 students and faculty flowed in and out of the concert, receiving free t-shirts, lunch and quality entertainment.

The staff handed out free hot dogs and drinks to every student as well as the very popular Rock the Roo shirts.

Dolson’s sound is a new-age sound, featuring soulful melodies and matching guitar riffs.

Andy rocks, said student Bethany Tucker. He’s a great performer, and everyone seems to be enjoying themselves, it’s great how close to campus these concerts are, if you have a break between classes you can come down and just relax.

Dolson was a solo act, playing an acoustic guitar and singing. Dolson played all his own songs and they seemed to go over very well with the crowd.

I love his songs, they are very heart filled, you can tell he puts a lot of blood, sweat, and tears into his work commented senior April Wright.

Dolson was quick to promote the Akron music scene, encouraging students to check out local musicians.

So far he’s really good, commented sophomore Jeff Hall I’m gonna probably come to more of the Rock the Roo concerts, the music is good, free food, why not. A good time seems to have been had by all.

This was the final Rock the Roo event this year.

The Halloween celebration Boo at the Roo will be held Oct. 31 at 9:09 p.m. at E.J. Thomas Hall and will feature UA student band Skinny.