'Whose Line' comedians improvise uproarious comedy

“Colin Mochrie and Brad Sherwood of the hit sketch-comedy show Whose Line is it Anyway? came to E.J. Thomas Hall Oct. 12 and left the audience grasping for air and holding their sides. . Mochrie and Sherwood calmly strolled onto the stage in front of a nearly packed house.”

Colin Mochrie and Brad Sherwood of the hit sketch-comedy show Whose Line is it Anyway? came to E.J. Thomas Hall Oct. 12 and left the audience grasping for air and holding their sides. .

Mochrie and Sherwood calmly strolled onto the stage in front of a nearly packed house. These comic geniuses were out to achieve two goals: to prove that everything on their show is made up on the spot and to not leave a dry eye in the house.

They were successful on both accounts.

Much like their hit show, almost every skit was dictated by crowd suggestions. The used advertisements in a phone book that an audience member would pick as they flipped through.

The dynamic duo played many familiar games such as Sound effects, where two audience members provide sound effects as well as the Torture game which is a combination of familiar Whose Line games such as Questions only, One-syllable words only, If you know what I mean and Letter substitution.

One of the games that got the best reaction from the crowd was Interrogation. Mochrie went into the lobby with an audience member to guarantee he could not hear while Sherwood got suggestions for a fictitious crime Mochrie committed.

For this segment, Mochrie put a piece of broccoli in the fruit section of a grocery store, joined a clan of Vikings building a giant ship and sailed to Nebraska, while working at a panty-hose store.

When Mochrie re-entered, he had to figure out what he did, where, and other details, from the hints of Brad during the police-like interrogation.

All the skits were riotously funny but they were only a build-up to the show-stopping finale. In The most dangerous improv game ever, two stagehands laid out 100 live mouse traps on the stage. Mochrie and Sherwood, blindfolded and barefoot, played the Alphabet game, with an audience member choosing a letter to start with, then they must start each of their sentences with next letter of the alphabet.

The two walked through a mouse-trap minefield trying to concentrate on the game, which ended with Mochrie taking off his blindfold and throwing mouse traps at Sherwood’s groin.

Throughout their performance, audience members laughed themselves hoarse. The two masters of their craft demonstrated yet again that they can transform anything into comic gold.

” #1.1361671:1351818082.jpg:cbswallpaper800.jpg:Colin Mochrie and Brad Sherwood brought their audience-participation show to a large audience at E.J. Thomas Hall Oct. 12.:COURTESY OF colinandbradshow.com”