Imus' comments should offend women, too

“Al Sharpton is on the rampage again, demanding that a radio personality be fired for making diabolical and racist comments. No, not Howard Stern. He’s talking about Don Imus. Last week, Imus referred to the Rutgers women’s basketball team as nappy-headed hos.”

Al Sharpton is on the rampage again, demanding that a radio personality be fired for making diabolical and racist comments.

No, not Howard Stern. He’s talking about Don Imus.

Last week, Imus referred to the Rutgers women’s basketball team as nappy-headed hos.

After coming under fire, Imus took 13 minutes out of his radio show to apologize to the black community.

During the apology, he informed America that he eats with black people. He even lets them in his house!

It turned out to be the apology that wasn’t. Words like sorry and regret were not even uttered during his mumblefest.

He did take the opportunity to name-drop and kiss ass.

The Rev. DeForest Soaries? He’s decent, brilliant and a great evangelist.

Bob Mulcahy? A lovely guy.

Phil Griffin? God bless him, Imus said.

If you don’t know these people, don’t feel bad. Most people don’t.

But, you’ll notice one common denominator. They’re all men.

Imus has not yet reached out to the female community to apologize for his sexist comment. No one is demanding he do so, either. After all, it appears that the only implication one can glean from the comment nappy-headed hos is one of racism.

Believe it or not, calling a group of women hos has less to do with their skin color and more to do with their vaginas. But hey, that’s just me talking.

You can bet Imus realizes that making fun of black people isn’t worth the hassle. But degrading women? Woo hoo!

The black community – which, in all honesty, probably didn’t give him a second thought before this – is protesting his continued presence on the airwaves.

Until now, Imus offended everyone, regardless of race, creed, ethnicity … and, of course, gender. He did admit that his program makes fun of everybody, but claims this incident has taught him a valuable lesson.

You can’t make fun of everybody, he said. Cause some people don’t deserve it.

But women, apparently, are still fair game.