Students appreciated by UA

“Music filled the air while crowds of students explored the large tent outside of Robertson’s Dining Hall Wednesday for the Food, Fun and Facts Fair, as well as Student Appreciation day. Both events took over campus yesterday, as volunteers gave away trinkets, fliers and T-shirts.”

Music filled the air while crowds of students explored the large tent outside of Robertson’s Dining Hall Wednesday for the Food, Fun and Facts Fair, as well as Student Appreciation day. Both events took over campus yesterday, as volunteers gave away trinkets, fliers and T-shirts.

The office of Auxiliary Enterprises and Victor Pinheiro, an Associate Professor of Health Education, coordinated the two outdoor festivals.

Pinheiro, who organized Student Appreciation Day, said that this is a way to thank the students for choosing the University of Akron.

We have catered for about 10,000 students morning and evening, he said. Close to about 600 faculty and staff were outside interacting with students.

Students at the fair could move from table to table and speak with representatives from different facilities on campus to hear what goods or services their departments offered.

The feedback was positive from students who participated in a variety of events, games and raffles during the fair.

It was good, freshman Jason Smith said

Students were able to enjoy treats such as Dairy Queen ice-cream bars. Fear the roo T-shirts and canvas carrying bags were among the items many students were able to take home.

I really loved it, freshman Sarah Mozena said. Besides free stuff, it was fun playing games.

Freshman Rishayla Randelman said, Free stuff is good for poor students.

Entertainers were also on hand outside the tent after students had their fill of free pizza, ice-cream and candy.

A caricature artist had a long line for portraits and a stilts-walker posed for photos with those willing to size her up.

Laurie Madden, Associate Vice-President for Auxiliary Enterprises, which organized the Food, Fun and Facts Fair, assured students that no funds used for the fair came from student university fees. Each department paid its own costs solely for educating and entertaining students.

” #1.1361859:2345555331.jpg:Honors_College_2-edited.jpg:UA staff member Debbie Gannon, student Joe Enos, student Cory McManamon and member Peggy Walchalk.:Christopher Bair”