Bathroom bomb threat

“The College of Arts and Sciences building closed Wednesday after a bomb threat was discovered. The threat was found written on a men’s restroom stall on the third floor at 9:15 a.m and the building was evacuated by 9:30 a.m. Five K-9 units were used to search the building, according to University of Akron spokesperson Ken Torisky.”

The College of Arts and Sciences building closed Wednesday after a bomb threat was discovered.

The threat was found written on a men’s restroom stall on the third floor at 9:15 a.m and the building was evacuated by 9:30 a.m.

Five K-9 units were used to search the building, according to University of Akron spokesperson Ken Torisky.

Somebody scribbled a bomb threat on the door of one of the johns on the third floor, UA police chief Paul Callahan said. A guy gets a little creative and writes on the stall of a john.

The threat said there was a bomb planted in the building and it would detenate at 10 a.m.

We’re doing some things, Callahan said. We’ll do the best we can to find out who did it.

This threat was not similar to the previous threats received this year, which were received via e-mail. However, it is similar to a threat received last year at Simmons Hall that was also written on a bathroom stall.

Callahan said no new information on how to track suspects was learned from the last time this happened. The suspect was never caught in last years’ Simmons Hall case.

The university sent out two Special Edition Zipmails.

The first was sent out at 9:44 a.m. informing students of the closing, and a second just after 11:30 a.m. that said the CAS building would open at noon and classes would resume at 1:10 p.m.

This is the sixth bomb threat UA has received in the last month.

” #1.1361783:1563844846.jpg:20070927_CAS.jpg:UA police and the Summit County Sheriff searched the College of Arts and Sciences building Wednesday. Five K-9 units were used to search the building. The threat was found in a third-floor restroom.:CHRISTOPHER BAIR / THE BUCHTELITE”