Graphic courtesy of Liv Ream; movie flyer from IMDB
In defense of Skinamarink
By Liv Ream, Arts and Entertainment Editor • October 1, 2023
Alternative Spring Break 2023 volunteers in Washington, D.C. Courtesy of Natalie Mowad.
Applications open for Akron’s 2024 Alternative Spring Break
By Taylor Lorence, Correspondent • October 1, 2023
The Northern Cheyenne tribe and community walking the ancient Portage Path from Portage Path CLC to the John Brown Home during a previous years First Peoples Day event. Photo courtesy of Portage Path Collaborative.
UA Holds events in celebration of North American First People’s Day   
By Shananne Lewis, Online Editor • September 28, 2023
White swan on water during daytime photo - Free Uk Image on Unsplash
The Swan's Rapture: a poem
By Emily Price, editor in chief • September 27, 2023
Desperately Seeking an Amazon Fighter, sculpture by Kimberly Chapman
"Easy Prey" art exhibit on display at Myers School of Art
By Taylor Lorence, Reporter, Secretary • September 21, 2023
“On the left, there’s me at work! I received the New Student Orientation “Gold Standard” award alongside 
and at the same time as my friend Gillian.”
Courtesy of Connor VanMaele
Fall 2023 Print Edition: Going the Distance
By Connor VanMaele, Correspondent • September 19, 2023
L to R: Steve Horner, Heather Barhorst, Haley Kuczynski, Shawna Blankenship, Brynley Harris, Jessie Redwine at the Pop-Up Pantry. Image Courtesy of ZipAssist.
ZipAssist Holds Community Resource Fair Tuesday, September 19 from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in the SU 2nd Floor
By Shananne Lewis, Correspondent • September 18, 2023
Film critic Liv Ream and friend pose for photo (Image via Liv Ream)
My Barbie experience
By Liv Ream, Film Critic • September 17, 2023

Rodriguez digs Zips out of hole

“The University of Akron’s women’s volleyball team upset the Toledo Rockets on Saturday afternoon, earning its first Mid-American Conference match. After the disappointing loss in Buffalo, we needed to win on the road in the MAC division and we did, said head coach Mike Sweitzer in a recent interview.”

The University of Akron’s women’s volleyball team upset the Toledo Rockets on Saturday afternoon, earning its first Mid-American Conference match.

After the disappointing loss in Buffalo, we needed to win on the road in the MAC division and we did, said head coach Mike Sweitzer in a recent interview.

The Zips broke a six-game losing streak with their victory and improved to 9-8 on the season overall and 1-3 in the MAC.

Sophomore Megan Rodriguez was brought in for Thursday’s match against Buffalo after junior Jennifer Stewart hurt her back.

Rodriguez led the team on Saturday with a career high of 27 digs. Freshman Jackie Goldman ended the match with 25 total attacks, 7 kills and Jess Antosz added to the team’s victory with 27 total attacks, five kills on Saturday.

Former MAC East volleyball Player of the Week Antosz has a 2.21 kill per game average and 136 kills this year.

She has been an integral part of the team’s success this year and coach Sweitzer is impressed with his young players.

It is very unusual for younger women to play so well in the middle of the floor, so we are very pleased with how they are developing, Sweitzer said.

We started out fast, had to make changes, but were right where we thought we would be.

The Zips travel to Bowling Green Friday and Miami (OH) Saturday to continue MAC play.