Top 10 love songs

“10. The number 10 spot falls to a man who could possibly have his own top ten-list of baby-making music – Prince. When Cream hit the airwaves in 1991, it quickly became clear that this was no Purple Rain. Inspiring thoughts from Varsity Blues and every other movie with whipped cream as the staple nutrient, Cream definitely whips up some burnin’ desire.”

10. The number 10 spot falls to a man who could possibly have his own top ten-list of baby-making music – Prince. When Cream hit the airwaves in 1991, it quickly became clear that this was no Purple Rain. Inspiring thoughts from Varsity Blues and every other movie with whipped cream as the staple nutrient, Cream definitely whips up some burnin’ desire.

9.  I’ve always felt a woman longs for that low sexy sultry voice of Barry White and wouldn’t be satisfied with a higher-pitched lover. George Michael gives lofty-pitched men everywhere hope with his no hidden motives classic I Want Your Sex. Break out the blindfolds and throw your inhibitions to the wind. What’s my definition of dirty…? A song like this could definitely spark some ideas.

8.  How’s your health? During this bitter cold, you’re bound to be feeling a little under the weather. Perhaps a little Sexual Healing with Dr. Marvin Gaye could get you back on your back and feeling better than ever.  My prescription: You’re going to want to stay under the covers and sweat this one out.

7.  So ladies, be honest with me. Is it really the sensitive guys that you fall for or do you desire a little more aggression, as in Salt N Pepa’s Push It. Following talk that rap music wouldn’t be able to survive into the next decade. Salt N Pepa heated up the charts with this rhythmic concoction for a recipe of bumpin’ and grindin’.

6. There’s no question to what LL Cool J is lookin’ for in Doin’ It. Not for those in the mood for a little tender love-making, Doin’ It pops some dirty ideas into the lyrics, driving it in with some solid rythyms and tight lyrical rapping. LeShaun’s back-up vocals add a sensual flow to the mix and as they bust a rhyme, they definitely get the feeling going.

We move from the rough and ready to the soft and tender. The top five can be paired with a nicely chilled sparkling Korbel and some chocolate covered strawberries (I sincerely hope you didn’t use up all the chocolate…)

5. The next artist is a man who needs no introduction and has the privilege of sweeping two of the top five spots on this list. His greatest hits CD is practically the only purchase necessary for marathon lovers. For his premiere spot, hit up a little Can’t Get Enough of Your Love, Babe by none other than Barry White. I mean, if his voice can get me going hot and heavy when he did the Arby’s commercials, think of what happens when he trades in roast beef for a little love makin’.

4. Once named the Father of Soul, Sam Cooke brings us the classic You’re Always on My Mind. With beautifully touching and sensitive lyrics that speak of the stars in the sky and holding the key to your heart – how could a guy not score with that?

3. If visions of pottery wheels and clay soaked forearms are dancing into your mind, then you’re right on schedule as we move into possibly one of the greatest songs of all time. Tune into Unchained Melody by The Righteous Brothers and you’ll guarantee one of the sweetest and most romantic nights of your life. Slow dancing to candlelight and tender kisses to the symphony of strings is sure to stoke a fire that will burn into the early hours of the morning.

2. From the intro groans and sighs to the climactic horn sounds and breathtaking bass beats, Barry White gives us his encore list entry with Never Gonna Give You Up. A nice blend of sensitivity and pure animalistic desires, White oohs and aahs us into the boudoir for a steamy session of Valentine’s lovin’.

1.  One cannot possibly deny knowing which song would end up as the heavyweight champ of this top ten list. From the moment the song hit the radio it would be destined to be the end-all be-all of baby-makin’ love songs. What could be better than that horn studded intro or those sexy screams that lead into that infamous chorus of Let’s Get it On? Marvin Gaye takes the cake, and whatever icing, cream or topping that comes with it, for the sexiest and most inspiring Valentine’s Day Love Song of 2008.