Why Get Involved as Zips Sports Start Again

As a senior here at The University of Akron, watching sports events is a great way to show excitement for the school and the teams.

(The Buchtelite Stock Image)

InfoCision Stadium at The University of Akron, with a seating capacity of around 30,000 people.

By Tyler Lane, News & Sports Contributor

I wanted to take the time to welcome all Zips back to campus! The fall semester is always a very exciting time at The University of Akron.

Between athletics, clubs, groups, employment, and so much more, the opportunities to be involved with campus life are endless. A great way to start involvement with the university, is by checking out all the sporting events on campus.

Obviously being known for our extremely talented Men’s and Women’s soccer teams, Cub Cadet Field is the home to our dominant programs that host an incredible atmosphere with even better talent displayed.

Other programs to be checking include out our proud football team at the heavenly Infocision Stadium. With many fall sports programs on the brink of exceptional seasons, the time is now to be involved and make sure to check out these fantastic events.

The best part of all this is that admission to these events is free to all student life. Just by showing your zip card at the entry gate, you will be granted into the stadium for a couple hours of pure excitement and entertainment from your favorite collegiate sports programs.

Speaking as a senior at The University of Akron, this is an opportunity you do not want to miss.

The University of Akron