Most waiting for Tuesday to decide

“Super Tuesday is upon us. Tuesday, Feb. 5, will host the largest number of caucuses and primary elections this country has ever seen. According to John Green, the director of the Bliss Institute at the University of Akron, the phrase Super Tuesday refers to the fact that this year 24 states will hold their caucuses or primaries on the same day.”

Super Tuesday is upon us.

Tuesday, Feb. 5, will host the largest number of caucuses and primary elections this country has ever seen.

According to John Green, the director of the Bliss Institute at the University of Akron, the phrase Super Tuesday refers to the fact that this year 24 states will hold their caucuses or primaries on the same day.

This mass of contests may determine who wins the party nominations for president and thus the choices Americans will have in the fall, he said.

Although many people are also hoping that this Tuesday’s elections will wrap up the nominations for presidency, this may not be the case. With so many candidates still in the running, all bets are off.

It is to hard to say with so many contests on the same day, Green commented.

Students shared Green’s opinion on the number of candidates, and said they had not been sold on any campaign this far.

Student Amanda Gray said she knew what Super Tuesday was, but was not planning on voting for any specific candidate yet.

I don’t know where they stand on their issues, she said. After I watch, then I’ll decide.

Another student agreed with Gray.

I have to hear the sides’ issues, student De’Won Blount said. I don’t know where people stand right now.

However, as politics go, others have a much different opinion on the presidential race.

Many students already have their decision made, and are waiting for the day to cast their vote.

Vince Mucci, a student, was quite informed of the political scene, and already has his mind made up for the primaries. I’m a registered Republican, he said. Romney is where my vote is going.

Student Andrew Gallagher had a different view on the elections. He said he was more concerned with how the outcomes will affect him.

Republicans give tax breaks to the rich, and that doesn’t work well with students, he said. I don’t think we can afford to have another Republican in office.

Howard Wolfson, the communications director for the Clinton campaign said in a report that he believes Super Tuesday, will not result in a nominee being chosen.