BOSMA'S BREAKDOWN: Clemens, McNamee prove nothing on Capitol Hill

“Roger Clemens and Brian McNamee are starting the baseball season off in the worst way possible. The problem is, the Indians spring training doesn’t even start until tomorrow. Their back and forth has been more obnoxious, pathetic and bad for baseball than what Barry Bonds has allegedly done.”

Roger Clemens and Brian McNamee are starting the baseball season off in the worst way possible.

The problem is, the Indians spring training doesn’t even start until tomorrow.

Their back and forth has been more obnoxious, pathetic and bad for baseball than what Barry Bonds has allegedly done.

Bonds may be a liar in many peoples eyes, but, his whoa is me attitude never struck a nerve in me quite like Clemens and McNamee.

For Bonds, everything has been speculation and one person’s guess is as good as another.

Bonds’ trainer and childhood friend Greg Anderson still refuses to testify against him, but he never brought eight-year-old syringes and beer cans into the equation.

To make matters worse, Clemens is parading around Washington, D.C. in an attempt to win over the people who could bring him down.

His legacy is already tainted forever, whether he likes it or not.

In Wednesday’s Congressional Hearing, Clemens and McNamee each gave their side of the story once again.

But what we were left with was an even worse taste in our mouths.

Clemens has vehemently denied any wrong doing or steroid use, but still has done nothing to sway my opinion that he did it.

Millions and millions of dollars are being spent by both parties to try and clear their names of this ordeal, but we as taxpayers are the ones hurting the most.

Does the government really have nothing better to do than to spend our money fighting a he-said-he-said argument?

I understand that Clemens could have dropped the entire issue before it began, and was even told so before the hearing started, but it still seems like a frivolous way to spend tax dollars.

Every party that spoke today had something to say about how this issue is so important because the youth of our generation looks up to these players. However, if the government is simply going to focus on Major League Baseball and the Mitchell Report, how are children even involved?

It seems like children are the scapegoat in this case. McNamee spoke about how everyone needs to be educated on this subject-from parents to coaches to children-but that has nothing to do with why he is sitting up their looking like a sad puppy.

I’m sure Bonds loves this, though.

For the first time in years, he is not the center of investigation. He is not wearing the crown of baseball’s steroids probelm on his enlarged dome.

But, in reality, it’s all the same.

Baseball had a drug problem and decided to sweep it under the rug.

Now they are paying the price, but Commissioner Bud Selig will never admit that he knew about it.

It’s like saying someone in your family lost a limb and you had no idea.

As a baseball lover, it would be nice to be able to get excited for the 2008 Indians season, but the steroid plague is doing a great job in ruining it.