Upcoming acts at Tangier

Priscilla Spencer

The Tangier Cabaret in Akron has been known as one of Ohio’s best showplaces for years, with diverse musical acts attracting attention from all walks of life. Located in Akron, and with acts like Tina Turner, Chubby Checker and James Brown all hitting the stage in past years, it isn’t hard to guess why the Tangier Cabaret is still a happening place to be.

The list of entertainment for the 2013 concert series and events has a variety of musical and comedic acts. The Scintas Straight from Las Vegas has proven to be a favorite show for the young and old alike. Combining comedy with musical acts, they keep audiences rolling with laughter.

Comedian Bruce-Bruce, a former host of BET’s Comicview, will bring his larger-than-life comedy to the Tangier stage on March 23, making a brief stop before continuing on with the Royal Comedy Tour. Winning over new audiences with his uncensored flair and adult humor, he has made his mark in television, film and stand-up comedy.

Michael Stanley and The Resonators will be at The Tangier performing a total of four times throughout the 2013 concert season. Michael Stanley began his career in Ohio, and was a graduate of Rocky River High School. Since then, he has been involved with numerous musical projects and has successfully toured throughout the United States.
Adding to the list of entertainers is Oleta Adams, an R&B and jazz singer, who will take the stage in April to perform some of her soulful favorites. Finding success with her 1990 hit single “Get Here,” Adams offers a gospel-infused, soul-inspired show.

Among the list and equally as important, are The Tubes, The Whispers and The Average White Band. All are previous guests of the Tangier Cabaret. More information is available at thetangier.com.

Additional shows may be added throughout the year, and ticket prices, purchases and dining information is all available through the Tangier website, or by calling (330) 376-7171.