Greek Beat: LipJam

The Greek community piled into John S. Knight Auditorium in Leigh Hall Friday night for Alpha Gamma Delta’s annual philanthropy event, LipJam.

LipJam is a lip syncing competition open to all Greek and other student organizations.

Each LipJam team is coached by a member of Alpha Gamma Delta through the month of September and early October to ensure that their routine, props, costumes and banner are ready for the stage.

Like any other show or performance, the event was open to the public for a $5 fee.

In the spirit of philanthropy, the Alpha Gam girls offered a reduced ticket price for anyone who brought a canned good to the show.

This year’s theme for LipJam was Television Theme Song Sync-A-Long. Teams compiled a 4-6 minute dance routine to their favorite television theme songs.

Many groups decided to completely re-enact their television theme.

Congratulations to Lambda Chi Alpha for winning best all around fraternity, and Alpha Delta Pi for best all around sorority.

Apart from first place, various other honors including best banner, best choreography, and most humorous, were also awarded to the 13 organizations who participated.

The girls managed to raise over $2,000 at the conclusion of the event.

All proceeds of LipJam went to AGD’s national philanthropy, The Alpha Gamma Delta foundation, which supports diabetes research.The Greek community piled into John S. Knight Auditorium in Leigh Hall Friday night for Alpha Gamma Delta’s annual philanthropy event, LipJam.

All proceeds of LipJam went to AGD’s national philanthropy, The Alpha Gamma Delta foundation, which supports diabetes research.