Culture Fest

By Celeste Houmard, clh170@zips.uakron.edu

The University of Akron’s Office of International Programs is hosting a Culture Fest this Friday, Nov. 18, from 5:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. The event will be held in the Student Union Ballrooms and is open to all students.

Students from all around the world will be at this event to share food, facts, and fun activities from their heritage. There will also be traditional performances and dances originating from different cultures at the event.

This event gives students the opportunity to experience different cultures while meeting other students, eating great food, and having fun.

The Multicultural Center has a goal of “developing programs to include a broader engagement with all of our diverse student populations and focus on extensive, inclusive programming across the UA campus.”

Not only does the Multicultural Center want to spread the importance of different cultures, they also want to promote diversity of different races, ethnicities, gender expression and identities, disabilities, nationalities, spiritualities, and sexual identities.