Canseco 'roid rages A-Rod

“ESPN, Sports Illustrated and other sports media outlets are updated so frequently that it’s hard to miss any sports update around the world. However, here a few you might have missed while being being saturated with the NCAA tournament (I don’t blame you), hearing experts debate whether or not the Dallas Cowboys should pick up Adam PacMan Jones and if Dirk Nowitzki’s injury will kill the Dallas Maverick’s chances at making the NBA playoffs.”

ESPN, Sports Illustrated and other sports media outlets are updated so frequently that it’s hard to miss any sports update around the world.

However, here a few you might have missed while being being saturated with the NCAA tournament (I don’t blame you), hearing experts debate whether or not the Dallas Cowboys should pick up Adam PacMan Jones and if Dirk Nowitzki’s injury will kill the Dallas Maverick’s chances at making the NBA playoffs.

Chef stung by bullet

Legendary New Orleans chef Paul Prudhomme was grazed by a .22 caliber bullet while setting up his cooking tent for the Zurich Classic of New Orleans. Prudhomme thought he got stung by a bee, but when he shook his shirt sleeve, the .22 caliber bullet fell to the ground. Deputies of the Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Office think that he was hit by a fallen bullet shot about 1.5 miles away, according to golf.com. What goes up, must come down, I guess.

Prudhomme wasn’t seriously injured in this incident, but what happens if the deputies find the person who shot this gun? Will he or she be arrested?

I certainly hope so. Stephen Jackson might think the person who fired this bullet into the air is innocent, but I say prosecute them. Of course, Jackson thought people outside a strip club were going to open fire on the people he was with and then got hit by their car, so I doubt the person who fired the shot that hit Prudhomme has a justifiable excuse.

As if shooting a bullet into the air can be justified very well anyway.

Fans rate the media

If you read DeadSpin.com, you have probably seen the media approval ratings the Web site had its fans vote on. Joining in on the effort, BallHype.com created an interactive leader board that fans can search within individual sports and networks.

I was happy, and surprised, to see Erin Andrews of ABC/ESPN in the lead with a 95 percent approval rating. Andrews is a sideline reporter who, unlike many others, actually asks decent questions to coaches and players.

I’m not a big fan of sideline reporters but I do like what Andrews, Suzy Kolber, Michele Tafoya and Lisa Salters add to broadcast teams. I wasn’t very happy to find out that Kolber and Tafoya were nixed from the Monday Night Football broadcast team, but that’s beside the point.

What I want to know, though, is the gender break down of the people who voted in this poll. Playboy named Andrews America’s Sexiest Sportscaster in 2008, and I would hate for that to be the only reason people gave her the highest approval rating. She’s much more than that.

Jose Canseco and A-rod

I think Jose Canseco is running out of money again.

He has written another book about steroid use in baseball, and while his first book brought him credibility on the issue, I don’t see what a second will prove.

Canseco may be doing Major League Baseball a favor by trying to help clean up the game, but something just seems sleazy about it.

He claims he gave Alex Rodriguez of the New York Yankees the name of a steroid supplier, but didn’t identify who it was.

If you’re going to make an allegation of that magnitude, and not supply a name, what’s the point of even printing it?

Freelance writer Joe Lavin says he found the book, Vindicated: Big Names, Big Liars, and the Battle to Save Baseball, on sale early and that Canseco claims A-rod was trying to sleep with his wife, which is the source for his A-rod hatred. Lavin said the chapter ends with Canseco writing:

So A-Rod, if you’re reading this book, and if I’m not getting through to you, let’s get clear on one thing: I hate your f***ing guts.

Jose, just go away.