Being famous is overrated; Bob Marley is not

“When we were kids, we all had dreams that we were so passionate about achieving. Some of these dreams can be good, such as being a doctor or saving the world. And others are nice, but can not be real at least not in this life. You can’t be a superhero! One dream that some of us might have is to be famous.”

When we were kids, we all had dreams that we were so passionate about achieving. Some of these dreams can be good, such as being a doctor or saving the world. And others are nice, but can not be real at least not in this life. You can’t be a superhero!

One dream that some of us might have is to be famous. Do you have this dream? And why do you think kids want it?

Media and TV shows portray famous people as lucky; they can afford all that they want, they get special treatment and attention from people and they are wildly well known. So we will surely conclude that they are happy.

But is that true? Can fame really brings happiness? If you live the life of a celebrity for one day, you will have a lot of fun at first, but if it is your every day life, sooner or later you will discover that All that glitters is not gold.

According to Edward Deci, professor of psychology at the University of Rochester, Even though our culture puts a strong emphasis on attaining wealth and fame, pursuing these goals does not contribute to having a satisfying life. The things that make your life happy are growing as an individual, having loving relationships, and contributing to your community, Deci says.

You can’t deny that a famous life is a luxurious life that most of us wish to have, but what do we have to show for it? And with our fame can we really have all that we want? The good part about being famous is being able to help people, Michael Jordan said, The hard part is every day you have to be in a good mood, because that is what people expect. You learn to get good at it.

If I had the choice, I would prefer to be a little well known for my good deeds in my life time. After I die, I wish to be internationally famous so people will remember that I was here and I worked hard to add something new to humanity and carve my name into history, just like Emily Dickinson, who was a well-known American writer who published only seven poems in her life time and became very well-known after her death. Edgar Allan Poe also did not become famous until after his death.

Maybe fame for some people is not a blessing, but a curse because they can not handle it in a good way. Bob Marley once said: I handle fame by not being famous . . . I’m not famous to me.

I believe that fame does not bring happiness to my life as much as it adds more stress to it. And being famous is not important to me as much as the reason for this fame.You go to school, you get a master’s degree, you study Shakespeare and you wind up being famous for plastic glasses. Sally Jessy Raphael.